CHICAGO (June 15, 2017) —
James Hardie Building Products Inc., the leader in fiber cement siding and trim, has been named the “Greenest Siding Brand” in the Green Builder®
Media annual Readers’ Choice survey for the sixth consecutive year. The Readers’ Choice survey polls green building professionals in the residential construction industry who test products for a living and provide informed, credible recommendations that other industry professionals can rely on.
“We offer builders and architects products that are as sustainable as they are beautiful and reliable, allowing customers to create exceptional projects,” said Sean Gadd, chief marketing officer at James Hardie. “Building professionals shouldn’t have to sacrifice performance or design for sustainability, and with our diverse portfolio of products, they don’t have to. Our fiber cement siding delivers an enduring aesthetic that requires less upkeep without negatively impacting the environment.”
Readers’ Choice surveyors selected James Hardie more than any other brand as the greenest siding in the industry, beating out 10 different competitors, including LP SmartSide. The following James Hardie green building practices played a part in earning this impressive accolade:
- At least 75 percent of raw materials used are locally sourced near each of the nine manufacturing facilities that support the regional economy and reduce environmental impact caused by transportation.
- James Hardie’s unique ColorPlus® Technology manufacturing process bakes on multiple coats of color in a controlled environment to provide an exceptionally beautiful exterior that delivers a quality, consistent finish. This process eliminates Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) that would otherwise be present during on-site painting.
- James Hardie manufactures longer lasting materials that require fewer resources and help reduce maintenance and repair costs.
- James Hardie’s Zero to Landfill Project demonstrates the company’s commitment to manufacturing products as efficiently as possible in order to reduce waste.
- James Hardie siding products may contribute to LEED® New Construction points including MR5 (MR4 for Homes) Recycled Content and MR5 (MR4 for Homes) Regional Materials.
“This achievement is a testament to our continued efforts to minimize our carbon footprint,” Gadd said. “We look forward to pursuing new ways to make our product offering among the most sustainable in the industry.”
For more information about the survey results, visit: greenbuildermedia.com. To learn more about James Hardie, visit jameshardie.com.
About James Hardie Building Products Inc.
James Hardie is the global leader in fiber cement technology, and has been furthering founder James Hardie’s innovative, entrepreneurial legacy around the world for more than 125 years. It invented fiber cement siding products in the early 1980s as a durable, lower-maintenance alternative to wood and vinyl. Its products combine innovation and versatility to offer a variety of design possibilities, matched with specific performance attributes relative to the climate where the product is being used. Currently installed on more than 5.5 million homes in North America, James Hardie has earned a favorable reputation within the industry and has been specified in some of the country’s most prestigious projects. For more information about James Hardie visit www.jameshardie.com
About Green Builder Media
Green Builder® Media, LLC is the leading media company in North America focused on green building and sustainable living. With a comprehensive suite of print and digital media solutions, demonstration projects, case studies, online training and live events, Green Builder Media assists building professionals in preparing themselves for the new green economy and helps homeowners understand how to live more sustainably. For more information, visit www.greenbuildermedia.com