Technical Support / Technical Documents
Technical DocumentsClick on the links below for technical reports.
View PDF file in English, French or Spanish. View PDF file in English, French or Spanish.
Care & Maintenance
The HardieZone® System: HZ5® Care and Maintenance Guide
The HardieZone System: HZ10® Care and Maintenance Guide
Tips & Articles
Caulking Tips (Manufacturers' Caulk and Sealant Recommendation Sheet S-100B)
James Hardie® Fire Properties
How do James Hardie products contribute toward green programs, including USGBC® LEED®?
For more information, please call Tech Services at 1-866-4HARDIE or email them at email@example.com.
Material Safety Data Sheet
MSDS for Exterior Fiber-Cement (Medium Density) HZ5 and HZ10 products covers:
HardiePlank® lap siding, HardiePanel® vertical siding, HardieSoffit® panel, HardieSoffit® Beaded Porch Panel, HardieShingle® siding, HardieShingle® notched panels, HardieShingle® individual shingles, Hardie® Reveal® Panel System, 7/16" HardieTrim® boards.
MSDS for Exterior Fiber-Cement (Low Density) HZ5 and HZ10 products covers:
HardieTrim board, HardieTrim® Fascia board, HardieTrim® Crown Moulding, HardieTrim® XLD, HardieTrim® Flex Board, HardieTrim® Batten, HardieTrim® BHT, HardieTrim® 5/4 board.
MSDS for Interior Fiber-Cement (Medium Density) products covers:
Hardiebacker® cement board, HardieBacker 1/4" Board, Hardiebacker® 250 cement board, Hardiebacker® EZ Grid® cement board, Hardiebacker® 500 cement board, HardieFloor™ Wet Area Solution.
MSDS for HardieWrap® weather barrier
MSDS for HardieWrap® flashing tape
MSDS for HardieWrap® seam tape
MSDS for Touch-up Kits
To obtain the MSDS for Touch-up kits:
1. On the inside flap of the Touch-up kit box, or on the 12 pack case of Touch-up kit, locate the sticker with the product code [i.e. LLA0526]
2. Go to www.valsparwood.com/msds/msds.jsp
3. Enter the product code in the upper left corner of the website under MSDS/TDS
4. Click submit and the correct MSDS file should open
Governments Reports, Evaluation Reports, and Bulletins:
1. Fire Resistance Rated Wall Assemblies (1-hour fire walls):
Click for Fire Wall Assemblies
For Warnock Hersey Listings:
2. Sound Transmission Characteristics:
3. Intertek Warnock Hersey Product Listings:
4. ICC-ES Product Evaluation Reports:
5. State of Florida Product Approval Numbers:
Regarding the State of Florida Product Approvals, go to the website below and enter the Florida Approval Number from the Table below. http://www.floridabuilding.org/pr/pr_app_srch.aspx
6. Miami-Dade County Florida Notice of Acceptance:
Regarding Miami-Dade County Florida Notice of Acceptance go to the website below and enter the NOA number from the Table below. http://www.miamidade.gov/building/pc-search_app.asp
7. Texas Department of Insurance:
8. City of Los Angeles Research Report:
9. WUI (Wildland Urban Interface) Compliance:
10. Flood Resistance:
11. HUD Material Release Reports:
12. Canada CCMC Report:
13. City of New York, City of New York Department of Buildings Report MEA 233-93-M
14. CA DSA, Division of the State Architect Acceptance Report PA-019
15. Puerto Rico, JHBP Internal Memorandum dated 11/26/97 from John Mulder regarding ARPE Recognition
16. Building Code Reference Sections:
Fiber-cement Interior Tile Backerboard: